Publish processing can do magic. Not only in flicks but also with your 3D prints. Write-up processing techniques like sanding and painting allow for you to make your 3D printed creations glance and sense like the real matter, such as colour, texture, body weight and purpose. If you use 3D printing certification skillfully, take into account the adhering to easy methods for turning your models into real looking prototypes, showcase designs or film props. If you are a hobbyist, these techniques will make your dwelling ornaments, items, cosplay components and other property jobs glance just awesome.
In this posting we’ll demonstrate you how we turned a bunch of 3D printed pieces into a completely working and skillfully looking lamp. We’ll use filler and sanding paper to switch coarse 3D printed texture into a ultra easy surface. Then we’ll use black paint and varnish to get the right color and complete. For the ultimate influence we’ll install a lights process.
- 3D printed lamp elements. Make sure you’re utilizing filament that is effective effectively with write-up creation – Abdominal muscles would be ideal but PLA will also function. We utilized a model by Paula Szarejko, you can download it on Instructables.
- 6 cans of spray filler.
- 4 cans of spray paint.
- 3 cans of spray varnish.
- H2o sandpaper.
- Protecting mask. When applying substances, usually put on a protective mask and perform in a nicely ventilated region.
- LED lighting procedure. We made use of 3W modules (the much more electricity, the more robust the light) with 30 W LED electric power offer and electricity swap cable.
- 1 Phase 1. Clean up the prints.
- 2 Action 2. Apply filler, depart to dry.
- 3 Move 3. Use sandpaper to even out the surface.
- 4 Action 4. Apply paint.
- 5 Pro tip: use varnish to make the painted floor extra durable.
- 6 Stage 5. Put in electronics.
- 7 The ultimate impact – 3D printed, with submit processing and lights put in.
Phase 1. Clean up the prints.
Clear away all support materials left right after 3D printing certification. Use sandpaper to even out texture of your prints right up until they truly feel clean in touch. They don’t need to have to be “super smooth” yet, that will arrive immediately after applying filler and paint.
Action 2. Apply filler, depart to dry.
Apply 3 – 4 levels of filler, every layer right after 10 -15 minutes interval. Make confident to get the job done in a ventilated spot and put on a protective mask!
Leave to dry for about 2 hours.
Move 3. Use sandpaper to even out the surface.
The best choice of sanding paper would be wonderful grit, drinking water sandpaper. If the floor of the lamp parts is not sleek sufficient, you can repeat measures 2 and 3 by introducing additional filler, leaving to dry and sanding right up until you get the wanted result.
Action 4. Apply paint.
2-3 levels of paint should suffice. Time to dry: about 2 hours.
Pro tip: use varnish to make the painted floor extra durable.
At that stage you can glue the components collectively and get pleasure from a 3D printed lamp with industrial end. You can also go a phase even further, and include a lights method to make the lamp essentially glow – that’s what we’ll do in the up coming methods.
Stage 5. Put in electronics.
If you really don’t have any experience with LEDs try out tutorials like this a person, or question somebody more experienced to connect all the wires of your lighting technique.
The ultimate impact – 3D printed, with submit processing and lights put in.
In this limited post, we’ve shown you how to convert “raw” 3D prints into a thoroughly practical, industrial high quality lamp by using a couple of straightforward put up processing approaches. This way you can build professionally searching prototypes and showcase products, or make customized appliances for you and your close friends.
Continue to be tuned for a lot more content on post processing.